Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3.
RAM: at least 512 MB.
Free disk space: 60 Mbytes.
Browsers: Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer (all versions), Opera, Google Chrome, Yandex.Browser, Mozilla Firefox, and other browsers.
To use Adguard on a PC or tablet under Microsoft Windows, you should download the installation package and launch the installation program. Perform the following actions:
- Open your browser and proceed to the Adguard website by typing adguard.com in the address bar, and then click Download Adguard (1).
- If the download hasn’t started automatically, use the direct link (2) on the web page that opens in the browser window.
- When the download is finished, press the Run (3) button shown in the Downloads bar or click the file name AdguardInstaller.exe.
- You’ll see the User Account Control dialogue box requesting to allow the app to make changes to your PC. Click Yes.
- The installation program will prompt you to read the License Agreement. Accept the terms and conditions by clicking I accept the agreement at the bottom of the window.
- Next, choose the folder on your PC for the app to be installed to. If you do not agree with the default installation path, press the […] button on the right, select the folder for Adguard installation in the Browse For Folder window, and confirm your choice by clicking OK. You can also install Adguard to a new folder by clicking Make New Folder and entering its name. To create a desktop shortcut for Adguard, check the Create a desktop shortcut box. Press Next to proceed with installation.
- Wait for the installation to complete and click Finish.
- When the installation is complete, you can learn about the main functions of Adguard. To begin your tour of the app and step-by-step adjustment of its principal parameters, click Get started. If you want to skip this step, press Skip.
- Congratulations! You have successfully installed Adguard on your computer. On the screen you will see the main window where you can change the app’s settings.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Adguard
If you need to uninstall or reinstall Adguard, do the following:
- For Microsoft Windows 10: Open Start Menu by clicking Start, and select Settings. Click the System icon in the window that opens. Select Apps and Features from the list on the left in the Settings window. Select Adguard from the list of your installed apps and click Uninstall. Click Uninstall in the dialogue box that opens to confirm.
- For Microsoft Windows 8.1, 8 and 7: Open Control Panel. Click Uninstall a program in the Programs section, then select Adguard from the list of installed apps and press the Uninstall button located right above the list. Confirm the action by clicking Uninstall Adguard in the window that opens.
In case regular uninstall doesn't work for any reason, you can try to use Advanced method.
To reinstall Adguard on your PC, launch the installation program again and repeat the steps in the Adguard Installation section.
First of all, you need to download the uninstaller tool created by our developers. You can do it by using
this link. Extract the archive to any folder on your PC and run the Adguard_Uninstall_Utility.exe file. Then follow the instruction below:
- Choose ’Standard uninstall’ and click ’Uninstall’.
Attention! Follow steps 3-4 only if after performing first two steps wasn’t enough for some reason. Usually it can be determined by seeing incorrect reinstall of Adguard, but we strongly suggest contacting our support before using steps 3-4 of advanced uninstall instruction.
- Choose ’Advanced uninstall’ and click ’Uninstall’.
Adguard is successfully uninstalled!